The church was built in the last years of the thirteenth century on the commission of the feudal lords who occupied the castle of Limosano. The church was renovated at the request of Archbishop Orsini who reconsecrated it in 1621. Following these interventions, the church was transformed from three to one nave. The structure is rectangular in plan and the main entrance is located on the side wall of the nave.
Superintendency for the Architectural and Landscape Heritage of Molise